Everyone has Linkedin these days, but very few us know how to harness its powers for great opportunities.
1. Posting – You can post the same way that you would on a blog or twitter and generate views.
2.Take advantage of student profile sections
– You can post certifications in that area
When you get adobe badges, they add jobs skills to your linked in account automatically.
You can also post your certifications and memberships to inudstry associations
3. Search the Student Jobs Portal – You can find jobs and Internships there.
4. Join a student web design group/ student group
Many schools and students have formed groups to help graduates and current students maneuver their way through linkedin
5. Join a professional group
6. Volunteer positions – You can use Linkedin to find volunteer positions. Employers consider volunteer experience to be valid work experience.
7. Link your Linked in account to Behance
Behance has become one of the most popular and effective social networking platforms for creatives worldwide. It is a great opportunity to exhibit your work online for free, get networkingwith other like-minded people as well as job opportunities and professional referral site in which your work can be seen.
You can link your portfolio from behance to Linkedin
On Adobe Behance you can created a portfolio website layout for free. You only have to pay, when you are ready to publish. You can link this to your Linkedin account
Behance has a employment area also
But, remember the first step is to have a complete profile at Linkedin